EN13445 Pressure Vessels
We manufacture pressure vessels and air receivers to EN13445 – Please email us with your requirements or complete one of our pressure vessel enquiry forms for Pressure vessels to EN13445
Below: Durham University Engineering student visits Abbotts to learn about making pressure vessels and the introduction of EN13445 pressure vessel Code.
About The Code:
This European Standard concerning “Unfired pressure vessels” comprises the following Parts:
- Part 1: General.
- Part 2: Materials.
- Part 3: Design.
- Part 4: Fabrication.
- Part 5: Inspection and testing.
- Part 6: Requirements for the design and fabrication of pressure vessels and pressure parts constructed from
spheroidal graphite cast iron.
- CR 13445-7, Unfired pressure vessels — Part 7: Guidance on the use of conformity assessment procedures.
- Part 8: Additional requirements for pressure vessels of aluminium and aluminium alloys.
- CEN/TR 13445-9, Unfired pressure vessels — Part 9: Conformance of EN 13445 series to ISO 16528.
This part of this European Standard defines the terms, definitions, quantities, symbols and units that are used throughout the EN 13445. It also contains instructions on how to use the standard (Annex A) as well as an index which covers the whole standard (Annex B). This information is aimed to aid the user of the EN 13445.
This European Standard applies to unfired pressure vessels with a maximum allowable pressure greater than 0,5 bar gauge but may be used for vessels operating at lower pressures, including vacuum.
NOTE The selection, application and installation of safety related accessories intended to protect pressure vessels during operation are covered in EN 764-7.
This European Standard is not applicable to pressure equipment of the following types:
- transportable pressure equipment;
- items specifically designed for nuclear use, the failure of which may cause a release of radioactivity;
- pressure equipment intended for the generation of steam or superheated water at temperatures higher than 110 °C;
- vessels of riveted construction;
- vessels of lamellar cast iron or any other materials not included in parts 2, 6, or 8 of the standard;
- multilayered, autofrettaged or pre-stressed vessels;
- pipelines and industrial piping.
Annex A (informative) Using the standard
EN13445 is a new standard (first issued in 2002) and in many places uses new design, fabrication, inspection, and testing philosophies. This annex is designed to facilitate the introduction to the use of the standard.
Other Pressure Vessel design code info. can be found with the links below
PD5500, EN286, DNV, ASME, LLOYDS, 97/23/EC, EN13445, 87/404/EEC, 2009/105/EC, ABS, BS5169
Please email us with your requirements or complete one of our pressure vessel enquiry forms for Pressure vessels to EN13445