PD5500 Pressure vessel – Specification for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels
We manufacture pressure vessels and air receivers to PD5500 – all categories
Please email us with your requirements or complete one of our pressure vessel enquiry forms – For PD5500 Pressure Vessels
we can also manufacture industrial silencers to PD5500
Click below to download and buy the latest version PD5500:2009 +A3:2001
download here:PD 5500:2009+A3:2011
Below more about PD5500,
More about the design Code we manufacture pressure vessels and air receivers to:
PD 5500 specifies requirements for the design, manufacture, inspection, testing and verification of compliance for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels manufactured from carbon, ferritic alloy and austenitic steels, aluminium, copper and nickel used in a wide range of process and energy industry applications.
This specification can be used:
- To support equipment and systems previously designed and manufactured to BS 5500 or PD 5500
- For pressure vessels intended for use outside the European Union
- For vessel design and manufacture where the Pressure Equipment Directive is applicable but where BS EN 13445 does not provide an appropriate solution.
The BS EN 13445 series provides the definitive European Standards for unfired pressure vessels.
The term ‘pressure vessel’ as used in this specification includes branches up to the point of connection to the connecting piping by bolting, screwing or welding, and supports, brackets or other attachments directly welded to the pressure-containing shell.
PD 5500 is applicable to vessels subject to electrical heating or heated process streams. It, excludes, however, those that are subject to direct generated heat or flame impingement from a fired process.
The 2009 edition includes all the corrigendum and amendments made to the 2006 edition, resulting in a clean new document.
Table of contents
- Section 1:
- Information and requirements to be agreed and to be documented
- Section 2: Materials
- Section 3: Design
- Section 4: Manufacture and workmanship
- Section 5: Inspection and testing
- Aluminium supplement
- Copper supplement
- Nickel supplement
- List of references
- Enquiry cases.
- Specifies requirements for design, manufacture, inspection, testing and verification
- Can provide a basis for vessel design and manufacture for PED compliance
- Please email us with your requirements or complete one of our pressure vessel enquiry forms – For PD5500 Pressure Vessels